Beauty Edit | Three Best Matte Red Lipsticks for Valentine’s Day

The perfect red lipstick is so hard to find. With so many hues, shades and finishes it’s almost impossible to find the perfect red lip for the most romantic day of the year. 



My favourite red lip has to have a matte finish – its super long lasting, on trend and used with the correct lip liner it can transform any make-up look into a killer pout.

 For today’s post, I’m going to run you through some of my favourite matte red lipsticks to rock on V-day with a mixture of products from drugstore to high-street.

 Kate Moss’ Rimmel Matte Lipstick, Wine 107: £5.49 

This is one of my favourite drug store lipsticks, EVER. I always have two of these on-the-go just in case. The dark wine colour is so special and still to this day I am yet to find a high-end alternative with a similar hue and finish. It’s really long lasting and isn’t drying, which is really important in a matte lipstick. It also smells of water melons, which is a massive bonus! I think this shade is perfect for Valentine’s and for the winter season due to its dark wine tone. Teamed with a cat eye flick and a smokey eye – you’ve got a great look for date night.







MAC Retro, Ruby Woo: £15.50 

Ruby Woo is one of my favourite bright red lipsticks. It’s the perfect colour pop and the one and only statement red lips on the beauty scene. It is very long lasting, the only downside being it is very drying. I tend to apply a lip balm before application to combat this. I have been using Charlotte Tilbury’s Lip Magic, before my lip liner, which does help to moisturise. Other than that, there aren’t any other problems with this shade. It’s my turn-to for outfits that need a burst of colour, the Christmas period and of course for Valentine’s Day. I like to use this with a gold sparkly eye and doll-like eyelashes for the perfect dinner date. 



Charlotte Tilbury’s Matte Revolution, Red Carpet Red: £23.00 

This is one red lipstick that only comes out at special occasions and of course Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse. It’s the most expensive on the list but one of my favourite brands, EVER. The creamy and velvet consistency is an absolute dream to apply. It’s slightly darker in shade compared to, Mac Ruby Woo, but so much more luxurious and not drying on the lips. Its rose gold packaging is truly beautiful and makes it stand out amongst the rest. If you’re looking for a staple red lipstick for your make-up collection then this is the one for you. Team this with heavy liquid eyeliner for a movie night holding hands. 

 How will you be spending your Valentine’s Day? Tweet me @NCampopiano



No comments