Beauty | Gwen Stefani Urban Decay Palette Review and Swatches

This week my make-up addiction reached an all-time high. I was the 2nd person in the UK to buy the Gwen Stefani palette for Urban Decay – which went on sale in stores on November 25.

I was so excited to try Urban Decay’s newest addition as they are such a staple in my everyday make-up routine. I think out of all of the Naked Palettes my favourite has to be number three as they offer such a wide variety of pinky/nude matte and shimmer shades. 


When I heard about the release of Gwen’s palette, I signed up to the online waiting list and rung the store to reserve one for when the delivery came in. When I went to collect it from Urban Decay Covent Garden it felt like Christmas had come early and hearing that I was 2nd in line was even more exciting.

Before pictures were released of the palette, I thought there would more of a variety of shocking shades because of Gwen’s quirky sense of style, but surprisingly, the only shade I wouldn’t wear would be ‘Danger,’ as I’ve never worn a shades of blue and don’t plan on starting now!


 I have to say, I absolutely love this packaging and as Gwen designed every aspect of this palette, I didn't expect anything less. It's a great size too, not too big or bulky for travelling or carrying in your bag like most palettes. 

Tucked inside the box were also four testers of Gwen's lipstick for Urban Decay, I'm really excited to try these.


Here are some swatches from my favourite shades, I love how pigmented they are.  I think one colour I'm going to use most is 'Pop' as I love a champagne/pinky shimmer shade for a base colour. I'll definitely get lots of use out of that. 

I'm so excited to experiment with the different colours this holiday season, I can see '1987' being very popular with the upcoming Christmas festivities. 

Is the Gwen Stefani palette on your Christmas list? If so, what's your favourite shade?


No comments