Skincare Edit: My Three Favourite Cleansers


I love using cleansers - there is truly no greater feeling than freshly cleaned skin at the end of a long day. At the moment I have three cleaners on-the-go. These range from the cheaper/drug store ones to more premium brands but I have to say they all do an amazing job.

My everyday cleanser and no.1 turn-to-option is always Garnier's Micellar Water. Ever since the cleansing/ Micellar water launched it revolutionised my cleansing routine and totally ruled out face wipes for me. It's simple, easy- to-use nature is great for any beauty novice looking for something new to spice up their skincare routine.

I remove my make-up using the cleansing water with a large face pad to wipe the day away. During the week I will use this as my everyday make-up look isn't too involved so the Micellar water is perfect. It does leave the skin feeling clean but it's not that deep clean feel you get with a balm or mask but it does a pretty good job. You can pick this up in any drug store or supermarket.

If I want to do a mid-week cleansing mask - I'll turn to my Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask. I do like this product but I would say it doesn't live up to all its expectations but it is good for a cleansing mask. I got this in my Charlotte Tilbury advent calender in December and have been using it ever since.  I start by applying a thick layer onto the skin and leaving it for 10 minutes and then washing off using warm water. You do get a soft skin, clean feel but I wouldn't say it tightens pores etc. For a good cleaning mask - I would definitely recommend this although it is on the pricer end of the scale.

If I've worn a lot of heavy make-up or if my pores feel clogged up I'll turn to my thick, balm cleanser, Emma Hardie's Moringa Cleansing Balm. I have to say this is one of my favourite cleansers I'm using at the moment. It's very nourishing and so moisturising on the skin - there is no cleaner feeling. I usually use this before bed. I start by massaging the balm into my face using some warm water and then removing all traces of make-up and dirt with the muslin cloths it comes with. 

This balm is one of my favourite skincare products and I always enjoy using it. It really rejuvenates my skin, which I've never been able to recreate with any other product. Although this does break the bank, think of it as a skin investment. I promise you won't change your mind.

What are your favourite cleansers? I'd love to hear. 

No comments